Thursday, July 30, 2009

Round 4 Predictions

Round 4 matches have been rescheduled, so I have to come up with my predictions earlier than usual. Message to the organizers - it is NOT a good idea to rush someone who controls the universe (yes, that's me).
This week sees some pretty tight matches. Here are the predictions -

1) Psychat's Merchants v/s Big Vindaloos Vindaloos
Some people are calling this a preview of the finals. While I don't think the Merchants deserve to get that far, this should still be interesting. Lalit Modi has already started the dirty mind-games (is anyone really surprised?), with a plug for the Merchants in his public broadcast. He has also been actively promoting the team at team meetings, lunch breaks, smoke breaks, and any other chance he gets. Seriously, am I the only one who sees a conflict of interest here?
As one of only two Vindaloos at the Village, Kaddoo has been trying to garner local support for his team, without much luck. Apparently, he's even gone so far as to threaten the two home umpires, who, let's just say, have been "lucky" for the home team. Clearly the Vindaloos are feeling some pressure.
With both teams assured of a spot in the semis, some people think there's not much to play for. I disagree. The winner of this one is likely to finish top of the table. That will give them an easy semi-final - either Blackbucks or Taliban. So the winner of this one is, in fact, pretty much through to the finals.
I call the Merchants to win, thanks to their numerous home advantages. The Vindaloos should be okay with that - better to lose now than in the knock-out stages. The biggest downside - yet another irritating email from Radio Bharati, with the dreaded overused phrase "yet another crushing defeat"!

2) Everyish's Blackbucks v/s Osama's Taliban
Both teams remain one win away from a semi-final spot. And that would be a major over-achievement for whichever team makes it. The one that loses can take heart - they wouldn't have been competitive in the semis anyway.
I call the Taliban to win, simply on account of their momentum. In their last match, they looked like they were finally understanding what T-10 cricket is all about, and will fancy their chances this week. The Blackbucks' body-language shows that they are still reeling from last week's massive defeat, and it will take something really special for them to bounce back in this one.

3) Craydit's Crayditors v/s Humpty Dumpty's Anda-Bondas
The Crayditors have shown remarkable consistency in this contest - if they are playing, their opponents will win. That's not likely to end here, so I'm going to call the Anda-Bondas to win. The only way they could lose is by being overly complacent - or by letting Betaal bowl.
I advise the Crayditors to wrap up the game quickly - let's not waste people's time over a foregone result.

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog...keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PSYCHAT IS BACK....

    Here is what Encarta says about the adjective "Fake"

    Synonyms: false, bogus, counterfeit, forged, phony, sham, replica, imitation, simulated, mock, faux, ersatz, pretend

    These words clearly express/explain the character of the rat hidden behind the mask of "ORAKHOL"...This self proclaimed bugger has made it his hereditary right to pass comment on everyone. I decided to keep shut but "kudos"( the only word left in english vocab)to this crapbag that he forced me to post a comment.1) Man it is a matter of probability...(again assuming there is something solid between your two ears)that either your predictions will stand or fall.That doesn't make you "ORAKHOL" 2) It is easy to sit in your kennel and discourage some one so spirited and sporting like "Radio Bharti".This incredible person is continuously supporting and encouraging a team to do better and our "ORAKHOL" is even after her with all his farmented sense of humor! I pity you man...3)I agree and take pride from the fact that Psychat's team's performance is independent of his presence!Every Supernovae team member stands for each other and su pports each other.They don't need any owner and bottles of "Fruit Juice" to perform better.Don't play noisome politics here....4)Hats off to Lalit Modi's leadership in Srini's absence...He worked hard and talked less...worked as the backbone of the team..."ORAKHOL"...Please brush your teeth before opening mouth...it is simply unbearable!!

    ReplyDelete

Traffic