It's 4:00 p.m., and if things are going according to plan, the ACL finals should be in progress now. It's time for the final post!
Let me start off by sharing how this blog came into existence. The idea came to my mind almost as soon as plans for the ACL were announced. After all, every prestigious cricket league needs its own anonymous blogger! Once team owners had been identified and bidding began, I decided it was time for me to start!
But first, I was going to need help - we have 2 offices, and I could only cover one without arousing suspicion. Fortunately, I found not one but two ideal accomplices - they helped gather information, mis-direct the public, and even wrote parts of the blog. They were especially creative in assigning some of my favorite nicknames. Most importantly, they were able to maintain complete secrecy on my, or should I say, our identity. Thanks team! We did it!
That our identity has been well-hidden is evident from the fairly well-distributed voting on the blog (apart from the two obvious choices) - very few people have picked out the correct answer(s)! I even hinted that the answer lies in analyzing who has been around for most the matches, but very few people seem to have picked up on it. Some of you data-driven types may have been misled by the post timestamps - blogger allows posts to be scheduled in the future (like this one), and also allows blogs to be posted with old time-stamps.
Anyway, enough detail - back to the story of the blog. The next step was to announce the existence of this blog. I created a Gmail ID and sent out emails to 12 people. I didn't, however, anticipate that our high-tech mail servers would send some of these to people's Junk E-mail folders. Fortunately, enough people got the note, and before long, several people knew about the blog. The rest, as they say, is history.
Before I come to the all important part, let me say how wonderful it's been to see people enjoying our work. It's been truly rewarding for all of us who've been associated with it. For those who many not have appreciated being featured here, I apologise for any trouble this has caused you. All comments on the blog have always been meant in humor, and have hopefully always been received that way.
Let me also share some metrics from the blog - since inception, we have had over 4,100 page hits, with the average person staying on the site for approximately 2m 40s. That's a pretty substantial productivity loss. Interestingly, while most people have accessed this blog from the office, my site meter shows that 80% of visitors connected via "dial-ups" - says something for our network, huh?
Finally, to the important part - Who am I. Quoting from the movie 'Analyze This' - "Who am I? Who am I is a question for the ages. That's the one we're all searching for, to find out who I am, who's in there, who wants to come out and say, 'Hey, I'm hungry'".
So, on that note, it's goodbye from me! See you in Season 2 :)
P.S.: Many of you have read the fakeiplplayer blog - you really didn't think I was going to reveal myself, did you?
Friday, August 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Mr Blogger, whoever you are, I am a big fan of your's. You did an amazing job. It was a real treat to go through your blogs.
ReplyDeleteHope to see you in season 2!!! :)
Heyy Dude...could have written something on the "Naanga Naach" :D :D....newayz good job vivek!!!
ReplyDeleteYeah atleast one last blog to summarize!!!!!
ReplyDelete